- Creating a stylish, upscale restaurant atmosphere in an old dining hall space to broaden the appeal to students.
- Designing an expanded, flexible environment to accommodate an increase in menu options as well as social activities.
- Updating a high-traffic food service area at the university that could stand up to the wear and tear of daily use by the student population.
- Choosing unique, stylish and interesting design elements that could attract students to a renovated dining hall area.
- Design a student gathering space that has an intimate, upscale feel with materials that are practical, durable and easy to maintain.
- Finding surfaces with the performance characteristics necessary to meet the needs of a university food service operation—including a hot pizza station, cold salad bar and specific food and fire code requirements.
- The unique radiance of DuPont™ Zodiaq® quartz surfaces created a warm, elegant dining space and cozy atmosphere that succeed in attracting students.
- Zodiaq® is heat-resistant, nonporous and stain-resistant and has NSF/ANSI Standard 51 Certification for food contact in commercial food service applications.
- Zodiaq® surfaces combine the natural strength and beauty of quartz with advanced polymer technology resulting in a highly durable surface that can meet the challenge of daily wear and tear.
- With an extensive color palette and distinctive natural crystals, Zodiaq® brings a high level of style and sophistication to a wide range of environments.
- Zodiaq® resists chips, cracks and scratches. It requires no sealants or treatments and is easy to clean and maintain. Overall it is an ideal surface for high-traffic areas.
- From countertops and buffets to cooking stations and tabletops, versatile Zodiaq® is a practical choice for a variety of horizontal food service applications.
- Salve Regina University, Newport, Rhode Island
- Jerry Scully, Project Manager
- Edward Clinton, Architect, Clinton Design Associate
- Color: Zodiaq® Galaxy Black